Monday, April 18, 2011

H2H Bunny Hop

It's time for the Bunny Hop at Heart 2 Heart!  Click the badge to check out all the other wonderful Easter/Spring creations.

This week I'm sharing a little home decor item I put together.  I don't have a lot of Easter decorations, and took this challenge as an opportunity to fix that!
I made a three panel wall hanging using the Caboodle paper pack because I thought the colors were just perfect.  The panels are linked together with a 2" wide strip of pleated Crystal Blue cardstock.  I stamped one of the "Boutique Borders" on the edges to dress it up.  It's hanging from grosgrain ribbon that has been tied to an On Target Dimensional Element that I covered in cardstock and then coated with Liquid Glass to make it pretty.
On to the panels...these "Sensational Season" bunnies are my first attempt at heat embossing.  I really love the effect.  I used a Blending Pen to color the images.  The lacy punches in the corners are from a Martha Stewart punch.  I covered a 6"x6" piece of chipboard with a B&T paper, and stacked the rest of the layers on top with dimensional adhesive.
 I decided to dress up the middle panel a little by applying cardstock and paper to 2 more On Target Dimensional Elements.  It took some time to file the edges smooth, but it really looks great.

Thanks for stopping by to view my creation!  Happy hopping!

17 comments:

  1. Wow, Joelle! Very creative!! The Dimensional Elements in the center were worth the effort - they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!!! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so adorable. What a great use of the sensational seasons set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the pleated card stock base! and each square has so much to offer the eye. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project! Love the colors and papers - the perfect Easter look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joelle, this is absolutely fantastic!!! Love how you connected the panels with the pleated cardstock & love how each panel is done up! Thanks for joining the Bunny Hop at H2H!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Joelle! Just a gorgeous project - you'll use this for years and years! Glad you could hop along with us this week at H2H :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! What a fantastic idea and great use of dimensional elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful Joelle! In fact, it is the first project I've seen where I actually really like that Sensational Season stamp set.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the colours pop on the bunny clothes. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joelle,
    This so so stinkin cute!!! I love the pleated cardstock and the use of the dimensional elements. Thanks so much for joining us on our hop along this week at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing project that you will treasure for years to come! This would be so sweet on a baby's door too. I love your attention to detail. The pleated cardstock looks like ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing decor projects! Great job. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely will be enjoying this for years to come! This is absolutely adorable, and I love all the dimension and details on it! Thanks for hopping with us at H2H:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joelle this is something I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to create! I'm into the whole home decor lately and this was very inspirational and it actually spawned me to grab my garage sale frame this afternoon. HUGS & TY for sharing such an inspiring creation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous project! This is so sweet thanks so much for sharing on our bunny hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute Joelle! I love it! Thanks for joining us for our first Bunny Hop! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...