Wednesday, May 18, 2011

365 Cards - Day 77 White Space Challenge

I found a new challenge blog which is really ambitious - a new challenge every day!  It's 365 Cards.  The card I created is based on the White Space Challenge, which is basically to keep all decorations on one half of your card.  I've been in a "Clean and Simple" mood lately, so this appealed to me.  Here's my design:

I think I might make a bunch of these up to give as a Teacher Gift this year.  The whole design started from me playing around with Close To My Heart's 1.25" Circle Punch.  I realized you could make a cute apple.


To make the apple, punch two circles - one red (Tulip) and one green (Clover Meadow).  Then use the punch on the red circle to take the "bite" out of the apple.  Punch the green circle a second time to make the leaf.  Then cut a small strip of green to be the stem and that's it.  I mounted my apple on top of a 2" Black scallop cut-out.  


The stamped images came from the Classmate Alphabet Stamp Set.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love it, Joelle - crisp like a fresh apple!
    I'd say you scored on the white space challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and sure to be appreciated! I love 365 Cards but don't get to play as often as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...