Monday, May 30, 2011

H2H - 4 Seasons Card

It's a sketch challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart. I used the sketch as my starting point, but I did modify it a bit.

 I came up with the idea of using the Trees & Things Stamp Set to make a little scene in one of the panels. The set comes with a ton of cute tree accessories, and I couldn't decide which season to do.  The sketch features 4 panels, and seemed like a perfect fit (excuse?) to do all 4 seasons.


The basic colors are Clover Meadow, Chocolate, Tulip, and Sunflower. I attached the Spring and Summer panels with foam tape. This helped since they didn't lay exactly flat because of the brads I used as blossoms and apples.



In the Winter scene I used some Glitz Glitter Glue to simulate snow on the branches.


The set comes with two leaf arrangements - one full of leaves and one a little more sparse. There's also an individual leaf stamp that helped me add a few leaves to Spring and Fall to get just the look I wanted.





I really adore this stamp set. It's one of the more 'fun' sets to create with. On a side note, this is my last week as Guest DT. It was a lot of fun and a real honor. Thanks Mary & the Design Team for sharing such great ideas week after week. And a special thanks to all those of you who take the time to leave comments when you visit.  I know it's easier to just click right along to your next stop, but the time you take to say a few words is truly appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Really love the seasons playing out on it! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything on this card is great! I love the four seasons and how you gave each one its individual touch. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous card, Joelle! It's been great to have you join us as our guest designer on H2H this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, Adorable, Adorable! and did I say, Adorable!
    You were a wonderful Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! So much work and such an adorable card! So glad you are joining us this week on the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Great job with the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, love your take on this sketch. It has been great having you as our guest designer. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...