Monday, March 28, 2011

Paper Lanterns Card

This week at H2H is a sketch challenge.  This is the sketch, and my creation:

I've been itching to use the new Paper Lanterns stamp set, and decided to use this as my opportunity.  I stamped the red lantern a few times and then punched it out using the 1.25" circle punch (which was a perfect match!).  Then I stamped the back side, folded the image to find the center line, and cut slits halfway up, so I could create my "3D" lantern.
It's a little hard to tell, but I stamped the tassle on white cardstock and then cut it out.  I cut in between the fringe, so it has a little 3D touch to it, too.

The border on the top and the bottom is from the A Little Everything stamp set.  The papers and ink are Dutch Blue, Tulip, Sunflower, and Black.  You can't tell from the photo, but the cluster of three small circles is made up of Sparkles from the Red, Pink, Purple Assortment.  

8 comments:

  1. You got your first place entry, Joelle, and with such a worthy entry!
    I love your take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle, this is fabulous! Love your 3D lantern, it really makes the card. Thanks for playing at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joelle,
    I really like the 3D effect of the lantern, great detail. Thanks for joining us at H2H!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Joelle! I love the lantern. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at H2H this week! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever idea! The use of the stamp is cute! Nice work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks great... what a fun card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job!!! Love this card - the white makes everything pop - just fantastic :) Thanks for joining us at H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with this sketch! The lantern is incredible! I have this stamp set and have been wanting to use it. Too cute! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...