Monday, March 14, 2011

Photo Display

The H2H Challenge this week is to share a piece of home decor. I'm stealing this from a previous post, but using updated photos. I made an accordian-style photo display, which I intended to take to work to put on my desk, but is still at home because I really like it on my shelf.

Side 1:
Side 2:

It's made out of that clipboard-type material that I picked up somewhere. Usually I buy things like this intending to make something great, but then I always want to save it for the "perfect" project, and it sits in a drawer! These photos were all extras that didn't fit into my scrapbook album, and I really loved all the blues in them - it seemed a shame not to use them for something. So...

I inked the edges so they would be blue instead of craft brown and then used scraps I had from the Stardust paper pack and Stickease to decorate. The blues and yellows worked perfectly with the photos. I used the rings to attach the pieces together, and tied some blue and white ribbon on the ends. I also stamped a few titles.

So a few extra photos & leftover scraps can turn into something pretty neat!

9 comments:

  1. So cute! It looks like you saved it for the very most perfect project!
    The colors really say, "Look at me! I'm perfect!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle, this is lovely! Gorgeous colours (especially with that gold coloured wall behind it!) And am I the only one who sees the UFO flying outside your window?? (I haven't had my coffee yet :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing at Karen's comment. I do see the UFO! It is saying, "I want an adorable album as well! Great job, Joelle. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab project! The colors are perfect for your photos. I'd keep this at home too :) It really does look like there's a UFO through the window LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea and using sturdy D rings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at H2H! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic project & great photos! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joelle,
    This is darling! Love the colors and the pictures are perfect for it. Thanks for joining us this week at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heheheehe... I love that UFO :) The project looks great.. out of this world! :):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...