Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Teacher Gift - Thank You Card Box

I started making a set of Thank You cards to give as a gift for my son's teacher a few weeks ago.  Then I found an awesome template for a card box, and decided to try it out.  I'm going to have my son draw something for his teacher on the white panel on the cover, but for now it's blank.  I made the box from Tulip cardstock and accented it with Clover Meadow and Black cardstock.  It has a ribbon closure.


This is the inside.  There are two compartments.  Each one holds five cards and five envelopes.  I used white embossing powder on the black cardstock to do the letters and numbers.  It looks a little "dusty" up close, because I wasn't super picky about cleaning up the stray embossing powder.  It makes it look a little like a chalkboard, which I thought was cool.


These are the cards.  I made 5 of each and stamped matching envelopes.  I made one set of cards awhile back (there's a post on it), but I decided to add the alphabet border and then I made another set with the reverse color scheme.


This is a side view of the box when closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...